    submit button is enabled.

    Thanks,
    Brett
    Brett, Oct 7, 2004

  2. Brett

    Dylan Parry Guest

    As an authority on the subject, Brett proclaimed:

    > How do I disable a form submit button without using Javascript, Flash or
    > similar technologies?

    Without using *any* form of scripting, you can't. HTML is not a scripting
    language, and is incapable of doing anything dynamically - such as what
    you want.

    --
    Dylan Parry
    http://webpageworkshop.co.uk - FREE Web tutorials and references
    Dylan Parry, Oct 7, 2004

  3. Brett

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html Brett said:

    > How do I disable a form submit button without using Javascript, Flash or
    > similar technologies? I'd like to allow only one click on the submit
    > button. This sends a page to the server. Once a result is returned, the
    > submit button is enabled.

    you're thinking about it the wrong way. design so it doesn't matter how
    many times the submit button is pressed, only accept one press.

    --
    i t ' s t h e l i t t l e v o i c e s
    brucie, Oct 7, 2004
  4. On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 07:55:51 -0400, Brett wrote:

    > How do I disable a form submit button without using Javascript, Flash or
    > similar technologies? I'd like to allow only one click on the submit
    > button. This sends a page to the server. Once a result is returned, the
    > submit button is enabled.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Brett

    If there is a server response involved, you could use some sort of
    server-side scripting to send back a page with an enabled or disabled
    button, as appropriate. The disabled button could be just an image of a
    button. And the enabled button would be the real button, of course. But
    the enabled button is only included in the page if the server gets the
    appropriate signal.

    But, of course, a scripting language would have to be involved.
    Server-side, in this case.

    HTML alone can't make any decisions based on input.

    --
    Jeffrey D. Silverman |
    Website | http://www.newtnotes.com

    Drop "PANTS" to reply by email