How to disable the IE Back button

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Raghu Raman, Oct 28, 2004.

  1. Raghu Raman

    Raghu Raman Guest

    Hi,

    we are doing an in house project in c#.net(asp.net).We wanted to close
    our application when ever the user presses the SIGNOUT button. Even
    though we programtically disconnects them from the database,when we
    press the Internet explorers Back button ,all the browsed pages are
    displayed with the data**.

    1.could you pls tell me how to disable the back-button of IE

    AND

    2. How to Globally disconnect a user when he presses any button (like
    signout of YAHOO,REDIFF ETC).

    With Thanks
    Raghuraman(a drop in the ocean)

    Raghu Raman, Oct 28, 2004

  2. Raghu Raman

    Saravana Guest

    Hi,

    You cant disable the back button alone, but you can disable whole toolbar
    using window.open options. Other option is disable caching of your pages,
    for more details refere this link
    http://www.extremeexperts.com/Net/Articles/AddingControlstoFooter.aspx

    --
    Saravana
    www.ExtremeExperts.com

    Saravana, Oct 28, 2004

  3. Raghu Raman

    Scott Allen Guest

    Hi Raghu:

    The best way to disable the Back button is (and this may sound funny,
    but I'm being serious) to write your own browser. Seriously. Even if
    you try to hide the back button, users can hit the backspace key or
    use Alt + LeftArrow.

    A better approach is to come to an understanding of why users love the
    Back button, and write your application to become one with the back
    button.

    --
    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/

    Scott Allen, Oct 28, 2004
  4. Raghu Raman

    Raghu Raman Guest

    Hi ,

    Thanks to al f u . i will try using the window.open options & i hope the
    better way is to deal with the Cache.

    Thanks
    Raghu

    Raghu Raman, Oct 29, 2004
  5. Raghu Raman

    Raghu Raman Guest

    Hi ,

    Thanks sarvan . i will try using the window.open options & i hope the

    Raghu Raman, Oct 29, 2004
  6. Raghu Raman

    Alex Guest

    Hi. If you are using Forms authentication it should not happen that, even
    when you hit the back button it will ask for user name and password again.

    Regards,
    Alejandro Penate-Diaz.

    Alex, Oct 29, 2004
  7. Raghu Raman

    Raghu Raman Guest

    DEAR Alex,

    ya, am using the forms authentication. but am having the virtual dir in
    a local system which am working in.

    Shall i have to change any property, method etc.

    With Regards
    Raghu

    Raghu Raman, Oct 29, 2004