How to disable the IE Back button

Raghu Raman

Hi,

we are doing an in house project in c#.net(asp.net).We wanted to close
our application when ever the user presses the SIGNOUT button. Even
though we programtically disconnects them from the database,when we
press the Internet explorers Back button ,all the browsed pages are
displayed with the data**.

1.could you pls tell me how to disable the back-button of IE

AND

2. How to Globally disconnect a user when he presses any button (like
signout of YAHOO,REDIFF ETC).

With Thanks
Raghuraman(a drop in the ocean)

Scott Allen

Hi Raghu:

The best way to disable the Back button is (and this may sound funny,
but I'm being serious) to write your own browser. Seriously. Even if
you try to hide the back button, users can hit the backspace key or
use Alt + LeftArrow.

A better approach is to come to an understanding of why users love the
Back button, and write your application to become one with the back
button.

Raghu Raman

Hi ,

Thanks to al f u . i will try using the window.open options & i hope the
better way is to deal with the Cache.

Thanks
Raghu

Raghu Raman

Hi ,

Thanks sarvan . i will try using the window.open options & i hope the
better way is to deal with the Cache.

Thanks
Raghu

Alex

Hi. If you are using Forms authentication it should not happen that, even
when you hit the back button it will ask for user name and password again.

Regards,
Alejandro Penate-Diaz.

Raghu Raman

DEAR Alex,

ya, am using the forms authentication. but am having the virtual dir in
a local system which am working in.

Shall i have to change any property, method etc.

With Regards
Raghu