How to disable WinNT Login Prompt

JeffP@Work

I have a few websites setup on one system on the DMZ

Accessing the website and web apps via an alias domain name (free
DynDNS.Org)

When I try to open default.htm I can view this page in three web apps.

When I try to open the login.aspx, which accepts a querystring and will
auto-login, or prompt for a login, instead I get a WinNT login Prompt.

This does not occur on one of my web apps, I've dbl checked the site
settings / properties and I'm not finding a difference to explain this
behavior.

I use this system to demo updates and changes to our clients during
development.

Currently when users try to access these sites via their phone the WinNT
login does not display but they do get a login error msg. In other words
they don't get to my login.aspx.

Any info is appreciated.

JeffP....

JeffP@Work

I think so, I have all three setup the same and I can only access the one
site, each is located under the same wwwroot.

I have Anonymous accees enabled IUSER_BOXNAME with Let IIS control the Pwd
checked as well as Integrated Windows Auth checked.

All three sites setup the same are located the same machine and two were
behaving badly.

The WAP browser doesn't appear to enable a login, perhaps there is a hidden
option.

JeffP...

Dominick Baier

does the anonymous account and the worker process account have read access
to all resources?

JeffP@Work

Are you suggesting that even though the three sites are setup the same, that
access to one is immediate and the other two require the WinNT login because
the anonymous account and worker process may not have read access to aspx
pages but do to .htm pages?

Note: I'm prompted when I try to access the site from my dynDNS and the
other I don't, but the real problem is the phone WAP browser that doesn't
pop the WinNT login dialog, but instead says login fails and never shows the
web app's login page.

TIA

JeffP....

Joe Kaplan

If you are using forms-based authentication, then you typically always just
set the IIS settings to anonymous, not anon + IWA. In that case, you also
need to make sure that both the worker process account and the anonymous
user account have read access at the NT file system level to all the files
you need to access.

If the issue is related to an NT ACL problem, Filemon from sysinternals is
very useful for tracking those down (assuming you can run it on the server).

Joe K.