    they don't get to my login.aspx.

    Any info is appreciated.

    JeffP....

    JeffP@Work, Aug 29, 2006

  2. have you enabled anonymous acccess for your app in IIS?

    ---
    Dominick Baier, DevelopMentor
    http://www.leastprivilege.com

    Dominick Baier, Aug 29, 2006

  3. JeffP@Work

    JeffP@Work Guest

    I think so, I have all three setup the same and I can only access the one
    site, each is located under the same wwwroot.

    I have Anonymous accees enabled IUSER_BOXNAME with Let IIS control the Pwd
    checked as well as Integrated Windows Auth checked.

    All three sites setup the same are located the same machine and two were
    behaving badly.

    The WAP browser doesn't appear to enable a login, perhaps there is a hidden
    option.

    JeffP...

    "Dominick Baier" <dbaier@pleasepleasenospam_leastprivilege.com> wrote in
    message news:...

    JeffP@Work, Aug 29, 2006
  4. does the anonymous account and the worker process account have read access
    to all resources?

    ---

    Dominick Baier, Aug 29, 2006
  5. JeffP@Work

    JeffP@Work Guest

    Are you suggesting that even though the three sites are setup the same, that
    access to one is immediate and the other two require the WinNT login because
    the anonymous account and worker process may not have read access to aspx
    pages but do to .htm pages?

    Note: I'm prompted when I try to access the site from my dynDNS and the
    other I don't, but the real problem is the phone WAP browser that doesn't
    pop the WinNT login dialog, but instead says login fails and never shows the
    web app's login page.

    TIA

    JeffP@Work, Aug 29, 2006
  6. JeffP@Work

    Joe Kaplan Guest

    If you are using forms-based authentication, then you typically always just
    set the IIS settings to anonymous, not anon + IWA. In that case, you also
    need to make sure that both the worker process account and the anonymous
    user account have read access at the NT file system level to all the files
    you need to access.

    If the issue is related to an NT ACL problem, Filemon from sysinternals is
    very useful for tracking those down (assuming you can run it on the server).

    Joe K.

    http://www.directoryprogramming.net

    Joe Kaplan, Aug 29, 2006