How to disallow empty string elements using XML Schema?

Discussion in 'XML' started by =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jan-Erik_=D6hman?=, Aug 28, 2003.

  1. Hi.
    I want to do something like
    <root>
    <n>Some text only</n>
    </root>

    I wan't to define a schema that disallows the following xml-files:
    <root>
    <n/>
    </root>
    and
    <root>
    <n></n>
    </root>

    where the node 'n' is specified in the schema as xsd:string.

    Is this possible? I haven't figured out how to do this.

    Anyone know how to do this?

    Thanks in advance, Jan-Erik
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jan-Erik_=D6hman?=, Aug 28, 2003