How to disconnect a drb client?

Nathaniel Talbott

I have a drb client/server application, and I'd like the server to be
able to disconnect a given client. Does anyone know of a good way to do
that? I want to force the client to make a new connection and a new
request for the front object. Any ideas?

TIA,

Nathaniel

<:((><

Shashank Date

Nathaniel Talbott said:
I have a drb client/server application, and I'd like the server to be
able to disconnect a given client. Does anyone know of a good way to do
that? I want to force the client to make a new connection and a new
request for the front object. Any ideas?

I was trying hard to come up with a solution which did not involve modifying
drb.
I guess I am not smart enough :-(

Any progress ?
-- shanko

Charles Comstock

If you do a callback so both the client and the server have a connection to
eachother you can tell one or the other to disconnect. The only other way is
for the client to keep polling the server whether to stay connected or not.

Charles Comstock

Nathaniel Talbott

I was trying hard to come up with a solution which did not involve
modifying
drb. I guess I am not smart enough :-(

Any progress ?

What I ended up doing was just having the server invalidate the front
object, as I couldn't find a way to reliably terminate all connections
for a given client. I've now come across another problem which, when
solved, might also allow me to solve this problem. More on that at a
later date :)

If you do a callback so both the client and the server have a
connection to
eachother you can tell one or the other to disconnect. The only other
way is
for the client to keep polling the server whether to stay connected or
not.

Right, the problem was that I didn't want the server depending on the
client to disconnect, I wanted to force it from the server side. But
I've found something that works for now.

Thanks!

Nathaniel

<:((><