    TIA,

    Nathaniel

    <:((><
    Nathaniel Talbott, Jan 4, 2004

  2. "Nathaniel Talbott" <> wrote in message
    > I have a drb client/server application, and I'd like the server to be
    > able to disconnect a given client. Does anyone know of a good way to do
    > that? I want to force the client to make a new connection and a new
    > request for the front object. Any ideas?

    I was trying hard to come up with a solution which did not involve modifying
    drb.
    I guess I am not smart enough :-(

    Any progress ?
    -- shanko
    Shashank Date, Jan 8, 2004

  3. If you do a callback so both the client and the server have a connection to
    eachother you can tell one or the other to disconnect. The only other way is
    for the client to keep polling the server whether to stay connected or not.

    Charles Comstock

    Charles Comstock, Jan 8, 2004
  4. On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, Shashank Date wrote:

    > I was trying hard to come up with a solution which did not involve
    > modifying
    > drb. I guess I am not smart enough :-(
    >
    > Any progress ?

    What I ended up doing was just having the server invalidate the front
    object, as I couldn't find a way to reliably terminate all connections
    for a given client. I've now come across another problem which, when
    solved, might also allow me to solve this problem. More on that at a
    later date :)

    On Jan 8, 2004, at 03:46, Charles Comstock wrote:

    > If you do a callback so both the client and the server have a
    > connection to
    > eachother you can tell one or the other to disconnect. The only other
    > way is
    > for the client to keep polling the server whether to stay connected or
    > not.

    Right, the problem was that I didn't want the server depending on the
    client to disconnect, I wanted to force it from the server side. But
    I've found something that works for now.

    Thanks!

    Nathaniel

    <:((><
    Nathaniel Talbott, Jan 8, 2004