    server. When it is done, I wanted to have the ThankYou.htm page come
    up but I only get a blank screen after the perl routine is completed.

    Help, any idea? I thought this would work.

    Stu, Apr 5, 2004

  2. Stu wrote:

    > I have an html page that does the following
    >
    > <form action="Scripts/Standard.pl" method="post">
    > <input type="hidden" name="redirect"
    > value="/Inetpub/wwwroot/ThankYou.htm">
    >
    > When the individual hits the submit button the original html page
    > calls a perl script (standard.pl) that parses the data to a file on my
    > server. When it is done, I wanted to have the ThankYou.htm page come
    > up but I only get a blank screen after the perl routine is completed.

    > Help, any idea? I thought this would work.

    You would probably need to edit your script to read the redirect parameter
    and do something useful with it.

    David Dorward, Apr 5, 2004

  3. Stu

    Rob McAninch Guest

    David Dorward <news:c4s9h7$hje$1$>:

    > You would probably need to edit your script to read the
    > redirect parameter and do something useful with it.

    Use the CGI module to parse the input. Store your new location
    somewhere like $url. And then:

    print "Location: $url\n\n";

    Instead of printing a content-type header is if you were going to
    write content to the browser.

    --
    Rob - http://rock13.com/
    Web Stuff: http://rock13.com/webhelp/