how to display a MessageBox in ASP.net

Paul Wilson

Hi guys,

Can someone tell me how i could display a messagebox in ASP.NEt.

Following is what i want to do.
Validate the user details, & if the user doesn't have requried access
rights, then Display a MessageBox informing the user of this.
(or displaying messages when unable to save data on the server, or the
like).

Best Regards,
Paul

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

You can execute a line of code like this when you want a message box to be
displayed.
(This writes out the necessary client side javascript to your HTML page to
make the alert pop up as soon as the page is sent to their browser.)

RegisterStartupScript("startupScript", "<script
language=JavaScript>alert('This is my message.');</script>");

Here's more info:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...mWebUIPageClassRegisterStartupScriptTopic.asp

Here are a couple controls you might find to be useful:
http://www.metabuilders.com/Tools/ConfirmedButtons.aspx
http://www.jttz.com/msgbox/index.htm

Lau Lei Cheong

Hello,

For the codes I've seen three is three way to invoke javascript in ASP
..NET:
1) Using RegisterClientScript();
2) Using RegisterStartupScript();
3) Using HttpContext.Current.Respose.Write();
Perheps there are more ways. :)

Can anyone tell me what are the Pros and Cons of using these methods?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Lau Lei Cheong