How to display a picture while a long process is carried out ?

pamelafluente

I have an animated gif in an image control:
Me.ImageProgress1.Visible = False

I want that when the User click on a given button to execute a long
task
Me.ImageProgress1 become visible until the task on the server is
finished.
I call the task this way:

Protected Sub ButtonSomeLongTast_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal
e As System.EventArgs) Handles ButtonSomeLongTast.Click

ExecuteLongTask()

End Sub

I think I am dumb as I can't figure out how to do this simple thing!
Thanks for any help!

-Pam

Ray Booysen

What you can also do is add some javascipt to the onclick() method of
the button to change the visibility of the image.

pamelafluente

I tried but it does not work. See a blank page.
Can anyone show a simple working example?

-pam

Ray Booysen ha scritto:

Ray Booysen

How about some more of the code you're writing?

I tried but it does not work. See a blank page.
Can anyone show a simple working example?

-pam

Ray Booysen ha scritto:

pamelafluente

Hi Ray, Do you know how to do it?

I have

Protected Sub ButtonSomeLongTast_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal
e As System.EventArgs) Handles ButtonSomeLongTast.Click

ExecuteLongTask()

End Sub

then I grabbed this from internet:

<script language="javascript">
function toggle(e) {
if (e.style.display == "none") {
e.style.display = "";
} else {
e.style.display = "none";
</script>

I placed after
<title></title>

Also I placed

Then under onclick() event of button1 I placed: = "toggle(progress)"

where progress is a DIV which contains the image with the GIF

No luck!!
I am a beginner and I am probably missing something basic.
Some simple working example in code would be great.

-Pam