How to display a report that contains a subreport by using the ReportViewer control in Visual Studio

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Sheena Abraham, Nov 29, 2007.

  1. Hi Guys,

    I am sure all of you in this thread have found a solution for this
    problem.

    I have tried the following:
    in the button click as I have a parameter to select the Main report
    data.

    Buttonclick event :
    --------------------
    {
    Code here....

    RvMemberInfo.LocalReport.DataSources.Add(new
    ReportDataSource("MembersInformationDataSet_GetMemberByID",
    this.ShowMemberDetails.ID));
    RvMemberInfo.LocalReport.SubreportProcessing += new
    SubreportProcessingEventHandler(SetSubDataSource);
    RvMemberInfo.LocalReport.Refresh();
    }

    public void SetSubDataSource(Object sender ,
    SubreportProcessingEventArgs e )
    {
    e.DataSources.Add(new
    ReportDataSource("MemberInformationDataSet_GetMemberActivitiesByMemberID
    ",
    this.ShowMemberActivities.ID));
    }

    Any help or suggestions will be really helpful.

    Sheena

    Sheena Abraham, Nov 29, 2007