How to Display an image, from a DB, into the Gridview (ASP.NET 2.0)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Auto, Apr 27, 2006.

  1. Auto

    Auto Guest

    Auto, Apr 27, 2006

  2. Auto

    vMike Guest

    "Auto" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I would like to know how do display an image into a Gridview (ASP.NET 2.0)
    > taken directly from a DataBase, NOT using an URL, like described in this
    > article:
    >
    > http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnaspp/html/GridViewEx06.asp
    >
    > I have NO URL, i have the binary image inside the DB, like the field
    > "Photo"
    > in the table "Employees" of the "NWIND.MDB" DataBase.
    > Any hints?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Auto.

    You would set the ImageUrl to another aspx file like
    getpicture.aspx?picture=1234 and in that page you would use
    system.drawing.image to get the stream from the database and then save it to
    the response.outputstream. There are some examples floating around. There
    are a lot of things you can do inside that process also like resize, add
    text, crop etc.
    Hope this helps.
    Mike
    vMike, May 2, 2006