How to display detailed ASP.NET error information in RemoteOnly mode

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by bay_dar@yahoo.com, Apr 18, 2005.

    According to the information in the web.config file, if I set
    customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" in the web.config file then: "Display
    custom (friendly) messages only to users not running on the local Web
    server"

    Now this has been working great for showing my custom error pages.
    However, when I go locally on the server and an error occurs I still
    see the friendly error, when I wish to see the detail error. By going
    locally on the server, I mean I am actually going on the webhosting
    server (through NetOp) and browsing to my site e.g.
    http://localhost/mysite/mypage.aspx. Our server is Windows 2003 Server.

    Am I missing something here? The burning question is: How can I display
    detailed ASP.NET error information in RemoteOnly mode.

    Thanks,

    Bay

    , Apr 18, 2005

    Hello out there - won't someone step forward with the answer for me?

    Thanks

    Hi,

    According to the information in the web.config file, if I set
    customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" in the web.config file then: "Display
    custom (friendly) messages only to users not running on the local Web
    server"

    Now this has been working great for showing my custom error pages.
    However, when I go locally on the server and an error occurs I still
    see the friendly error, when I wish to see the detail error. By going
    locally on the server, I mean I am actually going on the webhosting
    server (through NetOp) and browsing to my site e.g.
    http://localhost/mysite/mypage.aspx. Our server is Windows 2003 Server.

    Am I missing something here? The burning question is: How can I display
    detailed ASP.NET error information in RemoteOnly mode.

    Thanks,

    Bay

    , Apr 20, 2005