    I do something similar in ASP .NET C#? Any help is very much appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Felix.J
    Felix_WafyTech, Mar 3, 2006

  2. Felix_WafyTech

    Darren Kopp Guest

    Check out this link from 4guysfromrolla. It's not exactly what they
    do, but it will give you an idea. With code project, when you click a
    link, it opens that part, and closes the currently opened one. This
    article's code won't do that, so you would have to figure that out
    yourself, but then again, sometimes it's nice to be able to have a few
    open :).

    HTH,
    Darren Kopp
    http://blog.secudocs.com/
    Darren Kopp, Mar 3, 2006

  3. I've seen it already but it doesn't seem to provide the kind of knowlegde I
    need to replicate the functionality exposed by the message threads of "The
    code project".

    May be I should explain more:

    I have a GridView control and on clicking any of the records in the grid
    view control I would like the grid to expand and display data in a detail
    section. The data should be retrieved from the database on the server.
    Clicking on the record again should collapse the view.

    Please share any ideas, links to articles or code snippets. I would really
    appreciate code snippets, I'm curious as to how this is done. I've been
    looking all around but unable to find information on this.

    Thanks,
    Felix.J

    Felix_WafyTech, Mar 3, 2006
  4. Hi Felix,

    I think for the codeproject like thread layout, in ASP.NET it'll be proper
    to use template databound controls (like datalist, gridview, repeater) to
    display those top level items. For the item's content, we can use the html
    "display" style to make them hidden by default, and when the user click the
    subject text, we can use clientside script to make the content visible.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security