How to display text with line feeds/<BR>

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jeff, Jul 13, 2006.

  1. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    hey

    asp.net 2.0

    In my website I've got a textbox with TextMode=MultiLine. The user can enter
    text that contain "new line"...

    But to displays this I'm also using a textbox with TextMode=MultiLine and
    ReadOnly=True.
    The textbox displays a ugly border arround the textbox, including scrollbars
    on the right side of the textbox....
    If the user has enter more text than the height of the textbox, then the
    user must scroll within the textbox if he gonna read it's contents...

    I don't want this border arround the element I use to display this data...
    and it shoudn't be necessary to have a scrollbar on the textbox. Because I
    want all the text visible simultaneously.

    Any suggestions, maybe using TextBox isn't a good idea?

    Jeff
    Jeff, Jul 13, 2006

  2. Jeff

    Jacob Guest

    You should use a label instead. Make sure you convert new lines to <br
    />.

    Jacob, Jul 13, 2006