How to Display xml from a Database Column

Discussion in 'XML' started by teknowledgy, Nov 4, 2006.

  1. teknowledgy

    teknowledgy Guest

    Hi All,

    This is my first post to this group and I have a very specific
    question.

    My SQL database has has four tables. A couple of the columns in these
    tables use the xml data type which receive data from custom asp.net 2.0
    user controls. Now I am trying to display the data from my tables in
    formviews that are bound to Object Data Sources. The problem is that
    the xml data is displaying as one long unbroken string. For instance,
    my contact user control lets the users enter their address, city,
    state, telephone and email in different text boxes but when it displays
    it comes out
    2121234567654MNEveryTown3312PineStreet

    and data from check boxes displays as
    falsefalsetruefalsetruetrue

    I can't use the XmlDatasource because my data is not in an.cml file.
    but instead was collected from the webpage, serialized and deserialized
    as xml and sent directly to the database.

    Is there a way to separate and label the different parts of the xml
    data.
    teknowledgy, Nov 4, 2006