how to distribute functionality?

Tina

I have written a class to be used by asp.net applications that provides a
useful function. Other than the constructor, it has just one method. There
is no need for properties or events.

Prior to .net I would have just created a dll from my class and distributed
it to users with instructions on what to call.

But the .net docs I have seem to say that I should create a Web Control
Library which has a template like a component.

Is it no longer just appropriate to just distribute a dll?
Thanks,

bruce barker

if your class is not a component (meant to be added to the vs ide toolbar,
then dropped on the form), a dll is fine.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)