how to distribute python extensions independently of python

Discussion in 'Python' started by Travis, Feb 12, 2009.

  1. Travis

    Travis Guest

    So,

    Recently I made a fix to the zlib module that I need for use at work.

    I would like other employees to be able to use it without recompiling python.

    I assume I can just rename it and distribute it as a python extension.

    I was wondering how I can provide a way for other employees to build it.

    I saw a "Universal Unix Makefile for Python extensions" that looks promising.

    Is this the accepted way to compile python extensions still?
    --
    Crypto ergo sum. http://www.subspacefield.org/~travis/
    Do unto other faiths as you would have them do unto yours.

    Travis, Feb 12, 2009