    renderer, ... ?

    Thanks for help
    Florent

    Florent Coué, Sep 9, 2003

  2. "Florent Coué" <> writes:
    > I'm looking for a good example of program using JTable swing to have a
    > sorted table with icon in the header indicating the sort direction. Do you
    > know an structured example who shows how and where add components, events,
    > renderer, ... ?

    From time to time I post the following list. It contains a pointer to
    some web pages at gol.com. They contain many (sometimes outdates) Swing
    examples, including a lot of stuff for JTable. Sun's Swing tutorial, as
    well as AFAIR at least one TSC article also discuss JTable usage.
    Again, pointers below.

    BTW: There is a separate GUI newsgroup, comp.lang.java.gui for such
    questions.

    Sun's Swing Quick-Start Tutorial:

    http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/uiswing/mini/index.html

    Sun's Swing Tutorial:

    http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/uiswing/index.html

    Sun's Swing Connection (TSC) (Swing developer's site):

    http://java.sun.com/products/jfc/tsc/index.html

    The TSC article index (Swing architecture, Swing and threads, painting
    architecture, etc.):

    http://java.sun.com/products/jfc/tsc/articles/

    Sun's well hidden set of Icons for Swing' Metal LnF:

    http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/techDocs/hi/repository/

    More icons:

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/icon-collection/
    (the link to javalobby.org is broken)

    A collection of examples for doing nice things with Swing components
    (some are a little bit outdated):

    http://www2.gol.com/users/tame/swing/examples/SwingExamples.html

    Christian Kaufhold's Java and Swing Know-How:

    http://www.chka.de/

    Marco Schmidt's Java resource page (Java imaging information)

    http://www.geocities.com/marcoschmidt.geo/java.html

    Jalice (Linda Radecke's site):

    - no longer there

    Karsten Lentsch's company web page:

    http://www.jgoodies.com/

    This group's archive at Google:

    http://groups.google.com/groups?group=comp.lang.java.gui

    Java Look and Feel Design Guidelines:

    http://java.sun.com/products/jlf/ed2/book/index.html

    Java Look and Feel Design Guidelines: Advanced Topics:

    http://java.sun.com/products/jlf/at/book/index.html

    Java 2D API:

    The Programmer's Guide
    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/2d/spec/j2d-bookTOC.html

    Java 3D API:

    There is a separate newsgroup. see

    http://groups.google.com/groups?group=comp.lang.java.3d

    GUI Information in the SDK documentation (commonly
    overlooked):

    See your local SDK installation, or

    Abstract Window Toolkit (AWT)
    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/awt/index.html

    Swing
    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/swing/index.html

    2D Graphics and Imaging
    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/2d/index.html

    Image I/O
    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/imageio/index.html

    Print Service
    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/jps/index.html

    Input Method Framework
    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/imf/index.html

    Accessibility
    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/access/index.html

    Drag-and-Drop data
    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/dragndrop/index.html

    Swing Examples in the SDK:

    See the directory demo/jfc in your Java SDK installation.

    General

    The Java Tutorial:

    http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/

    All kinds of tutorials:
    http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/onlineTraining/

    Roedy's Java Glossary:

    http://www.mindprod.com/jgloss/jgloss.html

    The (more and more outdated) Java Programmer's FAQ:
    http://www.afu.com/intro.html

    Making the most out of a newsgroup (ignore the hacker slang):

    /Thomas

    Thomas Weidenfeller, Sep 9, 2003