    some sample sites/code ?

    Thanks,

    Alex

    Alex Thomas, Jun 22, 2010

  2. Alex Thomas

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    Alex Thomas wrote:
    > I would like to provide tabbed functionality in an asp .net application.
    > However, I would like to maintain state on the client while moving within the
    > tabs and navigating to other screens.

    You can keep state on each page using Hidden Fields and passing data
    from one page to the next not good for passing data between pages but
    rather the same page on a PostBack, or you can keep state with Session
    variables passed between pages.

    There are plenty of examples of how to do this if you search Bing or Google.

    > What are the best ways to achieve a
    > rich client interface in a asp .net application ? Can you please provide with
    > technology options within the .net framework web technologies and possibly
    > some sample sites/code ?

    You should also look-up (plenty of examples) on how to use MVP (Model
    View Presenter) or MVC (Model View Controller).

    <http://www.dofactory.com/Framework/Framework.aspx>

    Mr. Arnold, Jun 22, 2010

  3. Alex Thomas

    Hillbilly Guest

    I've used LinkButtons and my own HTML/CSS to build my own tabbed navigation
    "containers" but when I started needing a lot of instances I decided the
    best choice --for me--at the time-- was to use the Ajax Tabbed Container
    Control. Go to http://asp.net/ and look at the Ajax Controls.

    Hillbilly, Jun 24, 2010