    compiler,but how to work in graphics in 32bit TCWIN4.5 compiler/MS VC+
    +.

    , Jun 1, 2007

  2. In article <>,
    <> wrote:
    >hey guys it is easy to do programming in graphics in 16bit TURBO C
    >compiler,but how to work in graphics in 32bit TCWIN4.5 compiler/MS VC+
    >+.

    There are no graphics operations specified by the C language itself.
    All graphics operations are system-specific extensions (though
    sometimes you can find -relatively- portable graphics libraries
    that hide the details to some degree.) Thus, in order to find
    out how to do graphics on your system, you need to ask in a newsgroup
    that deals with your operating system or with your compiler.

    Walter Roberson, Jun 1, 2007

    On Jun 1, 8:14 am, -cnrc.gc.ca (Walter Roberson)
    wrote:
    > In article <>,
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > >hey guys it is easy to do programming in graphics in 16bit TURBO C
    > >compiler,but how to work in graphics in 32bit TCWIN4.5 compiler/MS VC+
    > >+.

    > There are no graphics operations specified by the C language itself.
    > All graphics operations are system-specific extensions (though
    > sometimes you can find -relatively- portable graphics libraries
    > that hide the details to some degree.) Thus, in order to find
    > out how to do graphics on your system, you need to ask in a newsgroup
    > that deals with your operating system or with your compiler.
    >
    > --
    > Okay, buzzwords only. Two syllables, tops. -- Laurie Anderson

    Check out DirectX, OpenGL and SDL. SDL is a wrapper library for
    directx and pretty simple to use. Check it out at www.libsdl.org

    , Jun 2, 2007
  4. Barry Guest

    <OT SDL> Re: how to do graphics in 32 bit environment

    <> wrote in message
    > On Jun 1, 8:14 am, -cnrc.gc.ca (Walter Roberson)
    > wrote:
    >> In article <>,
    >>
    >> <> wrote:
    >> >hey guys it is easy to do programming in graphics in 16bit TURBO C
    >> >compiler,but how to work in graphics in 32bit TCWIN4.5 compiler/MS VC+
    >> >+.

    >> There are no graphics operations specified by the C language itself.
    >> All graphics operations are system-specific extensions (though
    >> sometimes you can find -relatively- portable graphics libraries
    >> that hide the details to some degree.) Thus, in order to find
    >> out how to do graphics on your system, you need to ask in a newsgroup
    >> that deals with your operating system or with your compiler.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Okay, buzzwords only. Two syllables, tops. -- Laurie Anderson

    > Check out DirectX, OpenGL and SDL. SDL is a wrapper library for
    > directx and pretty simple to use. Check it out at www.libsdl.org

    <OT>
    I would not recommend SDL. It's simple, but it doesn't work
    well on some systems. The previous post recommended it is a
    good wrapper for DirectX, where it may perform very poorly.
    If you just want to do a little bit of low speed rendering it may
    be acceptable.
    </OT>

    Barry, Jun 2, 2007