    without clicking on any links, lines, buttons, etc.

    Thanks

    Joel

    Galsaba, Dec 2, 2003

  2. Galsaba

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On 02 Dec 2003 16:38:10 GMT, (Galsaba) wrote:

    : My html file is under the name index.html.
    : I want that if some one goes to this page, it will automatically
    : "jump" to a diferent page, wich is "main.html" ,
    : without clicking on any links, lines, buttons, etc.

    Ask your host.
    I did, when registering my site, and www.elsid.co.za catches
    www.elsid.co.za/index.html

    Sid

    Sid Ismail, Dec 2, 2003

  3. Galsaba

    Galsaba Guest

    There is an html tag for it, but I forgot...

    Galsaba, Dec 2, 2003
  4. Galsaba

    Steve R. Guest

    Galsaba wrote in message ...
    > My html file is under the name index.html.
    > I want that if some one goes to this page, it will automatically
    > "jump" to a different page, wich is "main.html"

    Then why don't you just put the content of 'main.htm' onto the 'index.htm' page and
    just rejiggle your internal links (if you have any) :~)

    Steve.

    Steve R., Dec 2, 2003
  5. Galsaba

    Galsaba Guest

    Because I want to keep the name i wanted. Also, I wanted to know how to do
    it...

    Galsaba, Dec 2, 2003
  6. Galsaba

    Louis Somers Guest

    (Galsaba) wrote in news:20031202113810.01665.00000008@mb-
    m18.aol.com:

    > My html file is under the name index.html.
    > I want that if some one goes to this page, it will automatically
    > "jump" to a diferent page, wich is "main.html" ,
    > without clicking on any links, lines, buttons, etc.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Joel

    Here is a javascript redirection. Make an index.html file with this in it:

    <head>
    window.top.location.href="main.html";
    </script>
    <title>please wait...</title>
    </head>
    Please wait, Redirecting...

    --
    News Updater, No scripts, No Database
    http://www.xmlssoftware.com/NUpdater

    Louis Somers, Dec 2, 2003
  7. Galsaba

    Galsaba Guest

    Great, and I appreciate it, but there must be html command that do the
    same...do u know?

    Galsaba, Dec 2, 2003
  8. Galsaba

    Louis Somers Guest

    (Galsaba) wrote in news:20031202131926.13675.00000026@mb-
    m10.aol.com:

    > Great, and I appreciate it, but there must be html command that do the
    > same...do u know?

    Not any HTML that I know of, though you can use a .htaccess file in your
    directory if the server is running Apache. That will be even better than
    letting the user first load the wrong file. Put this line in it:

    DirectoryIndex main.html

    Don't give the file any extension (.txt or so) but save it exactly with the
    name ".htaccess". This only works on an Apache server.

    PS. Leave the "onload="BreakOut();" in the body tag away in my last post if
    you'r going to use it.

    Louis Somers, Dec 2, 2003
  9. Galsaba

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On 02 Dec 2003 18:19:26 GMT, (Galsaba) wrote:

    : Great, and I appreciate it, but there must be html command that do the
    : same...do u know?

    Ask your server - the cname thingy...

    Sid

    Sid Ismail, Dec 2, 2003
  10. Galsaba

    Jeff Weiss Guest

    Add this inside of your <head></head> section

    where 0 is the number of seconds to wait.

    Jeff Weiss, Dec 3, 2003
  11. Galsaba

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Mark Parnell, Dec 3, 2003
  12. Galsaba

    rf Guest

    "Jeff Weiss" <jeffweiss_comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Add this inside of your <head></head> section

    > where 0 is the number of seconds to wait.

    Which, if it works, effectively breaks the back button.

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Dec 3, 2003
  13. On 02 Dec 2003 18:19:26 GMT, (Galsaba) wrote:

    >Great, and I appreciate it, but there must be html command that do the
    >same...do u know?

    <head>
    </head>

    Change the 3 seconds value in the meta tag to whatever you require...
    1 will give you an almost instant redirect. 10 will give you a long
    wait before the redirection.

    You also need change the "url=" to the url that you want to redirect
    to.

    +DiamondEagle, Dec 7, 2003
  14. +DiamondEagle <websurfer@***webonline***.co.za> wrote:

    > content="3;url=http://www.somesite.co.za">

    Yes, why do things the right way (actual HTTP redirection, easy to do
    if you just bother checking FAQs) when you can mess around with
    trickery that sometimes does what you want, in an ugly way?

    > Change the 3 seconds value in the meta tag to whatever you
    > require...

    .... your users to bear, unless they do things their way and go
    elsewhere on their own.

    > 1 will give you an almost instant redirect.

    So that the user gets annoyed when he doesn't know what's going on and
    whether he just got thrown away from something.

    > 10 will give
    > you a long wait before the redirection.

    Hardly. The user won't wait that long. There's the whole World Wide Web
    to surf around, instead of waiting for clueless "redirections".

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Dec 7, 2003