how to do operation on a mapped drive

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by andy, Oct 8, 2007.

  1. andy

    andy Guest

    I have a remote server and I have mapped one drive from that remote
    server into my local machine to access a perticular directory in that.

    But I have to restart my local machine again and again. So again i
    have to reconnect to the mapped drive by giving the userid and
    password.

    As I have to copy a file from that mapped drive and run that file on
    the local machine after restarting the local machine.

    The above process i have to do for each new file added into that
    mapped drive.
    So the steps are:
    1: detect the file added to the mapped drive.
    2: copy to the local machine.
    3: restart the local machine.
    4: Run that copied file.
    5: do the same process continuously so that each time a new file is
    added to the mapped drive it will detect, copy the same file and
    restart the machine.

    How can this be done using perl.

    andy, Oct 8, 2007

  2. andy

    Ron Bergin Guest

    On Oct 8, 4:20 am, andy <> wrote:
    > I have a remote server and I have mapped one drive from that remote
    > server into my local machine to access a perticular directory in that.
    >
    > But I have to restart my local machine again and again. So again i
    > have to reconnect to the mapped drive by giving the userid and
    > password.
    >
    > As I have to copy a file from that mapped drive and run that file on
    > the local machine after restarting the local machine.
    >
    > The above process i have to do for each new file added into that
    > mapped drive.
    > So the steps are:
    > 1: detect the file added to the mapped drive.
    > 2: copy to the local machine.
    > 3: restart the local machine.
    > 4: Run that copied file.
    > 5: do the same process continuously so that each time a new file is
    > added to the mapped drive it will detect, copy the same file and
    > restart the machine.
    >
    > How can this be done using perl.

    Why do you need to reboot your computer each time you copy a file?

    Please make an attempt at writing the script then post it and specific
    questions when you have a problem and we'll be happy to help.

    If you need/want someone to write it for you, then you may want to
    check out:
    http://www.rentacoder.com/RentACoder/default.asp

    Ron Bergin, Oct 8, 2007

  3. andy

    andy Guest

    On Oct 8, 8:48 pm, Ron Bergin <> wrote:
    > On Oct 8, 4:20 am, andy <> wrote:
    >

    > > I have a remote server and I have mapped one drive from that remote
    > > server into my local machine to access a perticular directory in that.

    > > But I have to restart my local machine again and again. So again i
    > > have to reconnect to the mapped drive by giving the userid and
    > > password.

    > > As I have to copy a file from that mapped drive and run that file on
    > > the local machine after restarting the local machine.

    > > The above process i have to do for each new file added into that
    > > mapped drive.
    > > So the steps are:
    > > 1: detect the file added to the mapped drive.
    > > 2: copy to the local machine.
    > > 3: restart the local machine.
    > > 4: Run that copied file.
    > > 5: do the same process continuously so that each time a new file is
    > > added to the mapped drive it will detect, copy the same file and
    > > restart the machine.

    > > How can this be done using perl.

    > Why do you need to reboot your computer each time you copy a file?
    >
    > Please make an attempt at writing the script then post it and specific
    > questions when you have a problem and we'll be happy to help.
    >
    > If you need/want someone to write it for you, then you may want to
    > check out:http://www.rentacoder.com/RentACoder/default.asp

    No its not like that. I am done with the accessing the mapped drive
    at the first instant, and copied to local machine.
    But how to restart the machine using script and if machine is
    restarted manually just to check the script I am not able to access
    the mapped drive as I will again have to give the userID and password.
    That's the problem i am facing.

    I mentioned the whole task to give the exact details of the restart
    thing.
    I thought like there will be some other way to do it easily. And i
    don't want the whole script. I want the idea to approch in a easy
    manner.

    andy, Oct 9, 2007