how to do this cool effect?

chow.sheryl

check out these cool effects on http://luguba.com

q1. how do they open new page without the browser showing any progress?

q2. how do they know what area I am in?

Sheryl

Robi

chow.sheryl wrote in message news:[email protected]...
check out these cool effects on http://luguba.com

q1. how do they open new page without the browser showing any progress?
huh?

q2. how do they know what area I am in?

you have fed the cookie-monster in a previous visit?
They have Server-side scripting? and check your IP?
Or you are from Jamestown ;-)
At least I get Jamestown, but it's Jamestown NY,
and that's about 1000 miles from here 8-}
and not even close to my provider...

chow.sheryl

sorry, I am a new here. I typed jamestown in the center box on
luguba.com and it gave me so many options..

By the way, the first time I went to the site, it gave me my correct
location. I did not select it. So how was that possible?

About new pages: When you hover over the menus, it opens new content..
thats what I was referring to.

Sheryl

Robi

chow.sheryl wrote in message news:[email protected]...
sorry, I am a new here. I typed jamestown in the center box on
luguba.com and it gave me so many options..

By the way, the first time I went to the site, it gave me my correct
location. I did not select it. So how was that possible?

as I said earlier, most probably through server side scripting
if the cookie doesn't already contain the information.
About new pages: When you hover over the menus, it opens new content..
thats what I was referring to.

javascript.
it writes the contents of a variable to the page at a certain position
and uses the style "opacity" for the effect of "slowly appearing"

oh, and don't top-post:
http://www.jibbering.com/faq/faq_notes/pots1.html#ps1TopPs

and as Randy Webb neatly put it in his sig:
Question: Why?
Answer: Top-Posting.

Boobie

By the way, the first time I went to the site, it gave me my correct
location. I did not select it. So how was that possible?

Your browser to server : "Yo ! give me this page bish!, my IP is......."
Server does: Serverside process + database lookup based on your IP

Anyway that's what happened. Tech detail is way over your head.
About new pages: When you hover over the menus, it opens new content..
thats what I was referring to.

Things can be HIDDEN on a web page then displayed based on user action (e.g
Hover, click....)