    q2. how do they know what area I am in?

    Sheryl

    , Sep 20, 2005

  2. wrote:
    > check out these cool effects on http://luguba.com

    What cool effects? You mean the changing text when you mouse over
    something?

    > q1. how do they open new page without the browser showing any progress?

    They arn't. View the Javascript

    > q2. how do they know what area I am in?

    View the Javascript.

    --
    -=tn=-

    Travis Newbury, Sep 20, 2005

  3. Robi Guest

    chow.sheryl wrote in message news:...
    > check out these cool effects on http://luguba.com
    >
    > q1. how do they open new page without the browser showing any progress?

    huh?

    > q2. how do they know what area I am in?

    you have fed the cookie-monster in a previous visit?
    They have Server-side scripting? and check your IP?
    Or you are from Jamestown ;-)
    At least I get Jamestown, but it's Jamestown NY,
    and that's about 1000 miles from here 8-}
    and not even close to my provider...

    Robi, Sep 20, 2005

    sorry, I am a new here. I typed jamestown in the center box on
    luguba.com and it gave me so many options..

    By the way, the first time I went to the site, it gave me my correct
    location. I did not select it. So how was that possible?

    About new pages: When you hover over the menus, it opens new content..
    thats what I was referring to.

    Sheryl

  5. Robi Guest

    chow.sheryl wrote in message news:...
    > sorry, I am a new here. I typed jamestown in the center box on
    > luguba.com and it gave me so many options..
    >
    > By the way, the first time I went to the site, it gave me my correct
    > location. I did not select it. So how was that possible?

    as I said earlier, most probably through server side scripting
    if the cookie doesn't already contain the information.

    > About new pages: When you hover over the menus, it opens new content..
    > thats what I was referring to.

    javascript.
    it writes the contents of a variable to the page at a certain position
    and uses the style "opacity" for the effect of "slowly appearing"

    oh, and don't top-post:
    http://www.jibbering.com/faq/faq_notes/pots1.html#ps1TopPs

    and as Randy Webb neatly put it in his sig:
    Question: Why?
    Answer: Top-Posting.

    http://www.jibbering.com/faq/

    Robi, Sep 20, 2005