How to download large (400MB +) files from an asp.net page???

Guest

Hi,

I am trying to find a working solution for download of large files (400-800
MB)...
But this seems almost impossible to find a working example.

I have tried Response.Transmitfile, this works for some people…but in my
case the server reset the connection after approx. 20 minutes and sometimes
after
7-8 minutes…the download speed is however very good 400MB takes about 10
minutes to download.

I have also tried the code below, this solution also resets the connection
after 4-5 MB…and the download goes very slow approx. 55 kb/s…

Please does anyone have any ideas or proposals?
Is it possible to download via FTP?
Is it possible to use resume of broken downloads somehow?
Are there any components on the market that can achieve this?

'Download the selected file

Response.Buffer = False
Server.ScriptTimeout = 100
Dim FullPath As String = Server.MapPath(currentPath + StrFileName)
Dim DownloadFileInfo As New FileInfo(FullPath)
Dim Name = DownloadFileInfo.Name
Dim Ext = DownloadFileInfo.Extension
Dim stream = New System.IO.FileStream(FullPath, System.IO.FileMode.Open,
System.IO.FileAccess.Read, System.IO.FileShare.Read)
Dim StrFileType As String = ""
If Not IsDBNull(Ext) Then
Ext = LCase(Ext)
End If
Select Case Ext
Case ".exe"
'Exe file
StrFileType = "application/octet-stream"
Case ".zip"
'Zip file
StrFileType = "application/x-zip-compressed"
Case ".pdf"
'Pdf file
StrFileType = "application/pdf"
Case ".doc"
'MS Word
StrFileType = "Application/msword"
Case ".dll"
'Dll file
StrFileType = "application/x-msdownload"
Case ".html", ".htm"
'Html file
StrFileType = "text/HTML"
Case ".txt"
'Txt file
StrFileType = "text/plain"
Case ".jpeg", ".jpg"
'Jpg picture
StrFileType = "image/JPEG"
Case Else
StrFileType = "application/octet-stream"
End Select
'Clear the headers
Response.ClearHeaders()
Response.ClearContent()
Response.Clear()
'Add the download headers
Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment; filename=" + Name)
If StrFileType <> "" Then
Response.ContentType = StrFileType
End If
Response.AddHeader("Content-Length", DownloadFileInfo.Length)
Dim buffer(10000) As Byte
Dim length As Long
'Total bytes to read:
Dim bytesToRead As Long = stream.Length
Dim UserHasDownload As Boolean = False
Try
'Read the bytes from the stream in small portions.
While (bytesToRead > 0)
'Make sure the client is still connected.
If (Response.IsClientConnected) Then
'Read the data into the buffer and write into the output stream.
length = Int(stream.Read(buffer, 0, 10000))
Response.OutputStream.Write(buffer, 0, length)
Response.Flush()
'We have already read some bytes.. need to read only the remaining.
bytesToRead = bytesToRead - length
UserHasDownload = True
Else
'Get out of the loop, if user is not connected anymore..
bytesToRead = -1
UserHasDownload = False
End If
End While