How to draw points of a curve

dimfox

Hi, I am new to Python.

What I need to do is to calculate a curve and display it at the same
time. I don't want to use the gplt.plot() because I need to show the
animation of the curving growing.

Which package should I use? Which function?

Thank you

Mitja

dimfox said:
Hi, I am new to Python.

What I need to do is to calculate a curve and display it at the same
time. I don't want to use the gplt.plot() because I need to show the
animation of the curving growing.

Which package should I use? Which function?

Maybe there's a more elegant solution, but I'd go for manual plotting and a
slight delay before drawing each of the pixels (or rather segments to avoid
any empty spaces in case of steep curves)

John Hunter

dimfox> Hi, I am new to Python. What I need to do is to calculate
dimfox> a curve and display it at the same time. I don't want to
dimfox> use the gplt.plot() because I need to show the animation
dimfox> of the curving growing.

dimfox> Which package should I use? Which function?

matplotlib (http://matplotlib.sf.net) has several examples showing how
to do animation. See anim.py, anim_tk.py, system_monitor.py,
dynamic_demo.py, dynamic_demo_wx.py in
http://matplotlib.sf.net/examples.

They aren't blindingly fast, but they work.

If you need blindingly fast, you don't have a lot of great options
(yet). See the recent thread
http://groups.google.com/[email protected]#link1

John Hunter

dimfox

Thank you for the reply,

But can you explain a little more? How to do the manual plotting? With
which function? I am really new to this thing.

Thank you