    I change the INCREMENTAL to default, then warnings disappeared, but
    I'm not sure if it is the correct solution.
    Any suggestion?
    Fresh, Apr 22, 2008

  2. Fresh

    Ian Collins Guest

    Re: How to due with "warning LNK4075: ignoring '/INCREMENTAL' due

    Fresh wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I met a problem, when I change warning level to 4 and to track warning
    > as error, then a link warning show
    > "warning LNK4075: ignoring '/INCREMENTAL' due to '/OPT:ICF'
    > specification"
    > I change the INCREMENTAL to default, then warnings disappeared, but
    > I'm not sure if it is the correct solution.
    > Any suggestion?

    Ask of a group dedicated to your compiler.

    --
    Ian Collins.
    Ian Collins, Apr 22, 2008

  3. Fresh

    Bo Persson Guest

    Re: How to due with "warning LNK4075: ignoring '/INCREMENTAL' due to '/OPT:ICF' specification"

    Ian Collins wrote:
    > Fresh wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I met a problem, when I change warning level to 4 and to track
    >> warning as error, then a link warning show
    >> "warning LNK4075: ignoring '/INCREMENTAL' due to '/OPT:ICF'
    >> specification"
    >> I change the INCREMENTAL to default, then warnings disappeared, but
    >> I'm not sure if it is the correct solution.
    >> Any suggestion?

    > Ask of a group dedicated to your compiler.

    Where he will no doubt be told that INCREMENTAL adds extra padding to
    the linked objects, so that they can be separately relinked later.
    OPT:ICF on the other hand tries to reduce the executable size but
    merging identical code blocks and removing unuse space.

    Could there be a conflict there? :)

    Bo Persson
    Bo Persson, Apr 22, 2008