    I guess the problem boils down to getting the current row index. How
    do we get the current row index of a dynamically built Table? Thank
    you.
    gnewsgroup, Oct 30, 2007

  2. gnewsgroup

    Norman Yuan Guest

    Two ways to do that:

    You can add all rows at once and show/hide those brea-down detail rows by
    toggling their Visible property;

    or

    You can inset those break-down detail rows dynamically when needed, using
    TableRowCollection.AddAt(index, TableRow).

    Norman Yuan, Oct 30, 2007

  3. gnewsgroup

    gnewsgroup Guest

    On Oct 30, 7:10 pm, "Norman Yuan" <> wrote:
    > Two ways to do that:
    >
    > You can add all rows at once and show/hide those brea-down detail rows by
    > toggling their Visible property;
    >
    > or
    >
    > You can inset those break-down detail rows dynamically when needed, using
    > TableRowCollection.AddAt(index, TableRow).

    OK, thank you. How do I get the row index when the image button is
    clicked? In other words, how do I know in which row the click event
    takes place?
    gnewsgroup, Oct 31, 2007
  4. gnewsgroup

    gnewsgroup Guest

    On Oct 30, 7:10 pm, "Norman Yuan" <> wrote:
    > Two ways to do that:
    >
    > You can add all rows at once and show/hide those brea-down detail rows by
    > toggling their Visible property;
    >
    > or
    >
    > You can inset those break-down detail rows dynamically when needed, using
    > TableRowCollection.AddAt(index, TableRow).

    On Oct 30, 7:10 pm, "Norman Yuan" <> wrote:
    > Two ways to do that:
    >
    > You can add all rows at once and show/hide those brea-down detail rows by
    > toggling their Visible property;
    >
    > or
    >
    > You can inset those break-down detail rows dynamically when needed, using
    > TableRowCollection.AddAt(index, TableRow).

    OK, thanks again. In a GridView, we can usually get the row index of
    a click event by attaching the Container.DataItemIndex to the
    CommandArgument of the Button. For example,

    <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="Title" >
    <ItemTemplate>
    <asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server">
    <%# Container.DataItemIndex + 1 %>. <%#
    Eval("Title") %>
    </asp:Label>
    </ItemTemplate>
    </asp:TemplateField>

    Can we get the row index like so for a Table control?
    gnewsgroup, Oct 31, 2007
  5. gnewsgroup

    Mansi Shah Guest

    Hi,

    You can get index of currently selected row.
    In below example, I have 1 Html table control,I have given it's id
    value='tbl' and runat='server', so that I can use it's properties like
    other control's properties.

    int index=0;
    for (int i = 0; i < tbl.Rows.Count; i++)
    {
    Button btn =
    (Button)tbl.Rows.Cells[0].FindControl("btn");
    if (btn != null)
    {
    index = i;
    break;

    You can use any contorl instead Button.

    Regards,
    Mansi Shah.

    Mansi Shah, Oct 31, 2007
  6. gnewsgroup

    gnewsgroup Guest

    On Oct 31, 1:52 am, Mansi Shah <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > You can get index of currently selected row.
    > In below example, I have 1 Html table control,I have given it's id
    > value='tbl' and runat='server', so that I can use it's properties like
    > other control's properties.
    >
    > protected void Button2_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
    > {
    > int index=0;
    > for (int i = 0; i < tbl.Rows.Count; i++)
    > {
    > Button btn =
    > (Button)tbl.Rows.Cells[0].FindControl("btn");
    > if (btn != null)
    > {
    > index = i;
    > break;
    >
    > You can use any contorl instead Button.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Mansi Shah.
    >
    > *** Sent via Developersdexhttp://www.developersdex.com***

    Thank you very much. I tried your code, for my ImageButton click
    event, and I get an error as follows:

    Multiple controls with the same ID 'imgbtn' were found. FindControl
    requires that controls have unique IDs.

    The problem is that everything including the ImageButton in my Table
    control is dynamically constructed in the code-behind. So, I don't
    know the ID of the ImageButton.

    Any other idea about how to get the row index of the clicked row in a
    Table control? Thanks.
    gnewsgroup, Oct 31, 2007
  7. gnewsgroup

    gnewsgroup Guest

    On Oct 31, 9:49 am, gnewsgroup <> wrote:
    > On Oct 31, 1:52 am, Mansi Shah <> wrote:
    >

    > > Hi,

    > > You can get index of currently selected row.
    > > In below example, I have 1 Html table control,I have given it's id
    > > value='tbl' and runat='server', so that I can use it's properties like
    > > other control's properties.

    > > protected void Button2_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
    > > {
    > > int index=0;
    > > for (int i = 0; i < tbl.Rows.Count; i++)
    > > {
    > > Button btn =
    > > (Button)tbl.Rows.Cells[0].FindControl("btn");
    > > if (btn != null)
    > > {
    > > index = i;
    > > break;
    > > }
    > > }
    > > }

    > > You can use any contorl instead Button.

    > > Regards,
    > > Mansi Shah.

    > > *** Sent via Developersdexhttp://www.developersdex.com***

    > Thank you very much. I tried your code, for my ImageButton click
    > event, and I get an error as follows:
    >
    > Multiple controls with the same ID 'imgbtn' were found. FindControl
    > requires that controls have unique IDs.
    >
    > The problem is that everything including the ImageButton in my Table
    > control is dynamically constructed in the code-behind. So, I don't
    > know the ID of the ImageButton.
    >
    > Any other idea about how to get the row index of the clicked row in a
    > Table control? Thanks.

    By the way, this is how I construct the table:

    foreach (DataRow dr in dt.Rows)
    {
    TableCell tc0 = new TableCell();
    TableCell tc1 = new TableCell();
    TableCell tc2 = new TableCell();
    TableCell tc3 = new TableCell();

    ImageButton ib = new ImageButton();
    ib.ImageUrl = "~/Images/plus.GIF";
    ib.Click += new
    ImageClickEventHandler(ib_Click);

    tc0.Controls.Add(ib);
    tc1.Text = dr["Year"].ToString();
    tc2.Text = dr["Import Total"].ToString();
    tc3.Text = dr["Export Total"].ToString();

    TableRow tr = new TableRow();
    tr.Cells.Add(tc0);
    tr.Cells.Add(tc1);
    tr.Cells.Add(tc2);