How to easily detect cookies is enabled?

bruce barker

create a sniffer page. usually the first page on your site. have it set a
cookie than redirect to another page that checks if the cookie value exists.
you can aso check for javascript the same way.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

| Hi,
|
| How can we easily detect cookies is enabled?
|
| Thanks

Ben Lucas

If you're trying to determine whether the browser supports cookies, you can
use the following statement from you ASPX page:

bool bSupportsCookies = Request.Browser.Cookies;

If you're trying to determine whether the client has their security settings
set to allow cookies, I don't know of a way to do that since that is a
client-side setting.