How to edit/debug an existing classic asp web site using vs 2003?

keithb

I have an existing classic asp web site running under IIS ( on localhost) I
want to start using VS 2003 to edit/debug this project. How do I go about
opening this this existing web site with VS 2003?

Thanks,

Keith

Anthony Jones

keithb said:
I have an existing classic asp web site running under IIS ( on localhost) I
want to start using VS 2003 to edit/debug this project. How do I go about
opening this this existing web site with VS 2003?

First off make sure debugging is enabled in the application configuration
dialog (found via the applications home directory tab). Turn off anonymous
access or change the anonymous user identity to your own.

Probably the easiest thing to do is place a Stop statement at the point(s)
you want to break into. When the stop is reached (or a script error is
encountered) you should see a dialog listing the available debuggers you can
use VS 2003 will be one of them.