How to edit, delete and modify rows - dataGridView

S_K

Hi,

I have a dataGridView where everything seems to be set up to add,
modify and delete rows. However I can't get the dataGridView to
actually SAVE THE CHANGES back to the database.

Any help?

Thanks
Steve

Miro

Im assuming you dont have the
..endedit

or the acceptchanges()
before your update button.

Can you post some code?

Miro

S_K

Im assuming you dont have the
.endedit

or the acceptchanges()
before your update button.

Can you post some code?

Miro

I'm just a newbee here. The dataGridView will allow me to change the
data within the cells or add a new row, but the changes never get to
the database. I read the example on the MSDN but it dosen't seem to
have anything on updating the database.

What do you mean "or the acceptchanges()
before your update button. "??? I don't see any acceptchanges() method
in the dataGridView events!?

Thanks again for your help.

Guest

I'm just a newbee here. The dataGridView will allow me to change the
data within the cells or add a new row, but the changes never get to
the database. I read the example on the MSDN but it dosen't seem to
have anything on updating the database.

What do you mean "or the acceptchanges()
before your update button. "??? I don't see any acceptchanges() method
in the dataGridView events!?

Thanks again for your help.

Here's more advanced example

Please let me know if you have any questions

S_K

Here's more advanced examplehttp://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms972948.aspx

Please let me know if you have any questions- Hide quoted text -

I've been doing some reading....
Is it true that a DataGridView (versus a GridView) is only READING the
data? Thus no editing/deleting possible?
The more advanced example only applies to the ASP.NET GridView....

Thanks again for your help..

Steve