    Hi All,

    is it possible to embed jnlp or jar file in to HTML page? The reason is I want to open a .jnlp app on web browser instead of web start. Does anyone know how to make it work?

    Many thanks!

    L Ng, Dec 2, 2012

  2. L Ng

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Sun, 2 Dec 2012 11:55:30 -0800 (PST), L Ng <>

    >is it possible to embed jnlp or jar file in to HTML page?
    >The reason is I want to open a .jnlp app on web browser
    >instead of web start. Does anyone know how to make it work?

    You want to launch a jar directly, without webstart?
    You could do that with a href="xxx.jar"

    For that to work, your user would need to have the jar extension
    configured to invoke java.exe -jar %1

    More likely it would be configured to just download.

    You can execute it as an applet with the <applet tag.
    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/applet.html

    But for JNLP, it makes no sense to do anything with it but execute
    javaw.exe

    Roedy Green, Dec 2, 2012