How to embedd Word doc in XML

Discussion in 'XML' started by Arthur, Oct 7, 2004.

  1. Arthur

    Arthur Guest

    Hi!

    I'm reading data from an SQLServer database, storing tabelnames and
    fields as tags with values and so on. One of the fields I'm storing in
    the XML file may contain a Worddoc. I can't use CDATA, and therefor
    have to use base64. But when I try to store this value I get a parse
    error, this because the Word doc is not binary. I'm using a DOM object
    when doing this.
    a bit of the code I use:
    Set xmlDOMDocument = New MSXML2.DOMDocument40
    xmlDOMDocument.loadXML "<DOCUMENTS />"
    Set oRoot = xmlDOMDocument.documentElement
    Set oElement = xmlDOMDocument.createElement("WORDDOC")
    oElement.DataType = "bin.base64"
    oElement.nodeTypedValue = rs("Document")

    Greatful for any help on this.

    -Art
    Arthur, Oct 7, 2004