How to enable rotor in python 2.4.2?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Murphy Wong, Jan 24, 2006.

  1. Murphy Wong

    Murphy Wong Guest

    Murphy Wong, Jan 24, 2006

  2. Murphy Wong

    Murphy Wong Guest

    I compiled python 2.3.5 and copy the lib-dynload/rotor.so to the 2.4.2
    lib and it works... Thanks anyway. :)

    Murphy

    Murphy Wong, Jan 24, 2006

  3. Murphy Wong wrote:
    > Dear all,
    >
    > I've installed python 2.4.2 and Zope 2.8.5 on a 64-bit Linux. As I'm
    > installing FLE (http://fle3.uiah.fi/), I find that it will call the
    > rotor module i npython. However, rotor is removed from python 2.4.2
    > (http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=14434). Could
    > I enable rotor some ways in python again? Thanks.

    You could get the module from some older Python version
    (http://svn.python.org/projects/python/branches/release23-maint/Modules/rotormodule.c)
    and compile it for Python 2.4. You need a C compiler and a minimal
    setup.py file for compiling the module:

    from distutils.core import setup
    from distutils.extension import Extension

    setup (
    name = "rotor",
    ext_modules = [Extension( name="rotor",
    sources=["rotormodule.c"]
    )]
    )

    HTH,

    -- Gerhard
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Gerhard_H=E4ring?=, Jan 24, 2006
  4. Murphy Wong

    Paul Rubin Guest

    Murphy Wong <> writes:
    > I've installed python 2.4.2 and Zope 2.8.5 on a 64-bit Linux. As I'm
    > installing FLE (http://fle3.uiah.fi/), I find that it will call the
    > rotor module i npython. However, rotor is removed from python 2.4.2
    > (http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=14434).
    > Could I enable rotor some ways in python again? Thanks.

    I don't know what FLE is but rotor is not a good encryption. Instead
    of restoring it to a new Python instance, FLE should be updated to not
    use it.
    Paul Rubin, Jan 24, 2006