How to enable rotor in python 2.4.2?

Murphy Wong

I compiled python 2.3.5 and copy the lib-dynload/rotor.so to the 2.4.2
lib and it works... Thanks anyway. :)

Murphy

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Gerhard_H=E4ring?=

Murphy said:
Dear all,

I've installed python 2.4.2 and Zope 2.8.5 on a 64-bit Linux. As I'm
installing FLE (http://fle3.uiah.fi/), I find that it will call the
rotor module i npython. However, rotor is removed from python 2.4.2
(http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=14434). Could
I enable rotor some ways in python again? Thanks.

You could get the module from some older Python version
(http://svn.python.org/projects/python/branches/release23-maint/Modules/rotormodule.c)
and compile it for Python 2.4. You need a C compiler and a minimal
setup.py file for compiling the module:

from distutils.core import setup
from distutils.extension import Extension

setup (
name = "rotor",
ext_modules = [Extension( name="rotor",
sources=["rotormodule.c"]
)]
)

HTH,

-- Gerhard

Paul Rubin

Murphy Wong said:
I've installed python 2.4.2 and Zope 2.8.5 on a 64-bit Linux. As I'm
installing FLE (http://fle3.uiah.fi/), I find that it will call the
rotor module i npython. However, rotor is removed from python 2.4.2
(http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=14434).
Could I enable rotor some ways in python again? Thanks.

I don't know what FLE is but rotor is not a good encryption. Instead
of restoring it to a new Python instance, FLE should be updated to not
use it.