    Robin Guest

    In the web.config how do you generate the encrypted string that can be used
    to store password of the identity element?
    Robin, May 17, 2004

  2. David Coe, MCP, May 18, 2004

  3. Robin

    Robin Guest

    Instead of using the registry can the details be stored in the web.config
    file?

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=329290 for more information.
    Robin, May 18, 2004
  4. Robin

    Srini Guest

    I used this utility(aspnet_setreg.exe) to set the username and password elements in the registry in encrypted format. I could able to see the username and password in the registry(using regedit) in encrypted format. When I try to run my webservice it comes back with the following erro

    Configuration Erro

    An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately

    Parser Error Message: Error reading the password from the registry

    and then it lists the web.config file entries

    Is there anything I am missing to make it work as expected? Any info id greatly appreciated

    Thanks in advance
    Srini
    Srini, May 19, 2004
  5. Robin

    Srini Guest

    I got it. Have not set the read permission in the regedt32 for ASPNET user. Thought I had a different user account for ASPNET

    Thanks.
    Srini, May 20, 2004