How to enforce registration ?

Niclas

Hi,

I would like to provide a "trial version" download on my web page but
enforce a registration process before the file can be retrieved. Is there a
simple solution to overcome the possibility that the users who happens to
know the path to where the file is stored simply bypasses the registration
process and navigates straight to the file ?

I was hoping this was a common problem with a simple solution/best practice
to resolve.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Regards

Niclas Lindblom

Marina Levit [MVP]

Yes, don't store your files in your virtual directory. Write a page that
can stream down a file by reading it from disk and writing out to the
response. That way, users will need access to that particular page in order
to be able to download anything.