how to escape certain characters in JSPs

Frank Ratzlow

Hi folks,

I currently work on a project which displays it's text (surprise
surprise) in french. I really wonder if there is some generic way to
escape some of their characters with ` , ´ ...
Of course I can manually escape it within in HTML but how do I handle
things where plain text is loaded from a database. I would like to see
it escaped on the fly by some sort of a taglib or even better by the
JSP-container / compiler itself.
Is it possible to achive such a behaviour?

TIA

Frank
(e-mail address removed)