    temporarily escape the FRAMESET stuff?

    Tnx,
    Charles
    charles cashion, May 29, 2006

  2. charles cashion

    Neredbojias Guest

    To further the education of mankind, charles cashion <>
    vouchsafed:

    > I seem to have painted myself into a corner.
    > Here is my index.htm
    > =======================================
    > <HTML>
    > <FRAMESET COLS="20%,*" BORDER=3>
    > <FRAME NAME="Frame1" SCROLLING=AUTO SRC="left01.htm">
    > <FRAME NAME="Frame2" SCROLLING=AUTO SRC="right01.htm">
    > </FRAMESET>
    > </HTML>
    > =======================================
    > (if you want to look: http://dunjas.com/index.htm)
    > I use the left side for a sequence of menus.
    > I use the right side to display what a menu selects.
    >
    > Everything was good until I tried to print a recipe
    > for bread pudding that was in the right window. It
    > did not print. So I decided to try something that I
    > have seen on other sites. It is a "PRINTABLE COPY"
    > window. Only thing, I am trapped. How can I
    > temporarily escape the FRAMESET stuff?

    I'm sure others are going to tell you this, too, ad nauseum, but dump the
    frames. And with your page, reworking would be easy. -2 basic columns,
    100% height - easy... :)

    Here's a similar example with the addition of a top "logo":

    http://www.neredbojias.com/beta/mars.html#p1

    (uh, PS: It's _not_ a "beta" page; that's just the name of the folder.)

    --
    Neredbojias
    Infinity has its limits.
    Neredbojias, May 29, 2006

  3. charles cashion

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    charles cashion <> wrote:

    > I seem to have painted myself into a corner.
    > Here is my index.htm
    > =======================================
    > <HTML>
    > <FRAMESET COLS="20%,*" BORDER=3>
    > <FRAME NAME="Frame1" SCROLLING=AUTO SRC="left01.htm">
    > <FRAME NAME="Frame2" SCROLLING=AUTO SRC="right01.htm">
    > </FRAMESET>
    > </HTML>
    > =======================================
    > (if you want to look: http://dunjas.com/index.htm)
    > I use the left side for a sequence of menus.
    > I use the right side to display what a menu selects.
    >
    > Everything was good until I tried to print a recipe
    > for bread pudding that was in the right window. It
    > did not print. So I decided to try something that I
    > have seen on other sites. It is a "PRINTABLE COPY"
    > window. Only thing, I am trapped. How can I
    > temporarily escape the FRAMESET stuff?
    >
    > Tnx,
    > Charles

    When looking at a framed page, you can almost always view the
    frame you want by right-click (or on Mac, control click) then
    "open frame in new window/tab". Then you can then print easily.
    You could give this instruction to your visitors.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, May 30, 2006