How to establish connection of DataGridView Control to Stock Excha

Jeet Disuja

Dear Sir,

I m develop a application in vb.net which update a live prices of stocks by
a website named (www.nseindia.com)

i m using datagridview control for this.

Please give ur suggestion how can i bind my datagridview control to
www.nseindia.com website for live updation of stocks.

Brennan Stehling

Jeet,

I would pull the data into a DataSet which you can then cache with
System.Web.Caching and then bind your GridView to the DataSet and bind
to the appropriate fields.

Even if you just cache for 30 seconds, it will help the application
scale if many users are loading this page at the same time.

In Visual Studio in a Website project, add a DataSet to your project.
In this case, you may need to add the data columns to this dataset and
then write the code to populate the DataRows so you can use the DataSet
when binding to the GridView.

Good luck!

Brennan Stehling
http://brennan.offwhite.net/blog/