    --
    Jeet Disuja
    Delhi
    Jeet Disuja, Oct 25, 2006

  2. Jeet,

    I would pull the data into a DataSet which you can then cache with
    System.Web.Caching and then bind your GridView to the DataSet and bind
    to the appropriate fields.

    Even if you just cache for 30 seconds, it will help the application
    scale if many users are loading this page at the same time.

    In Visual Studio in a Website project, add a DataSet to your project.
    In this case, you may need to add the data columns to this dataset and
    then write the code to populate the DataRows so you can use the DataSet
    when binding to the GridView.

    Good luck!

    Brennan Stehling
    http://brennan.offwhite.net/blog/