    telent (unix). Please help me in this issue.
    thanks and regards,
    vinay.
    vinay, Jul 28, 2006

  2. Re: how to exceute shell scripts in unix server(telnet) from javaapplication which is on windows?

    > Thanx for your valuable information. But i dont have much knowedge
    > regarding struts.
    > I came to know that we can connect
    > to unix telnet ID and execute the scripts from a java application
    > (using Runtime.exec()) which is on windows. Is it possible? if it is
    > please help me how to write with a sample code. I have to connect to
    > telent (unix). Please help me in this issue.

    You could just Runtime.exec("telnet {ip} {port} <script") at which
    script is dynamically generated. You also have free telnet libraries for
    java, which you can use.

    Vincent
    Vincent van Beveren, Jul 28, 2006

  3. Re: how to exceute shell scripts in unix server(telnet) from javaapplication which is on windows?

    vinay wrote:
    > Thanx for your valuable information. But i dont have much knowedge
    > regarding struts.
    > I came to know that we can connect
    > to unix telnet ID and execute the scripts from a java application
    > (using Runtime.exec()) which is on windows. Is it possible? if it is
    > please help me how to write with a sample code. I have to connect to
    > telent (unix). Please help me in this issue.
    > thanks and regards,
    > vinay.

    I have never tried that, but it could be possible. The fact is that
    you are not going to find a lot of hosts with telnet enabled theese days.

    Mybe the better idea is to execute them as a CGI scripts, using web
    server, and connecting to it from Java.

    DG
    =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Dra=BEen_Gemi=E6?=, Jul 28, 2006