How to exclude an ASP.NET project from VSS

Amitabh Jha

My ASP.NET project webreports is at vss server. I checked
out the project and copied it to a directory. Now I want
it to copy it to my laptop that is not part of LAN. So it
does not have acess to VSS.

On my laptop I copied the webreports project
atC:\Inetpub\wwwroot.
I opened IIS Manager. Under "DefaultWeb Site" node I Right
clicked webreports folder, selected properties from
context menu. On the property page -> directory tab,
clicked the create button. Clicked Ok button to close the
property wizard. Then I Opened the project in VS.Net IDE.
But its not wokring.
It not able to load the project.

Jonathan Allen

When going from VS.Net 1 w/source safe to VS.Net 2003 w/o source safe, I had
to manually edit the project files and delete reference to source control.
That may work for you, but I hope there is a better way.