    do the same in VS 2005. I can exclude files but not folders. I prefer to
    exclude at the folder level because the folder icon has visual indicator.

    John Dalberg

    John Dalberg, Feb 24, 2006

  2. John Dalberg

    Teemu Keiski Guest

    Hi,

    you can start using Web Deployment Project addition in VS2005, of course
    assuming that you want to configure excluding with deployment in mind.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/reference/infrastructure/wdp/default.aspx

    When using it, you can configure which folders etc are included in the
    deployment (or exluded from it), for ewxample when modifying the wdp project
    file by adding

    <ItemGroup>
    <ExcludeFromBuild Include="$(SourceWebPhysicalPath)\test\*.*"/>
    </ItemGroup>

    with this you essentially exclude folder "test" and it's content from the
    output.

    --
    Teemu Keiski
    ASP.NET MVP, AspInsider