How to execute a aspx page more than once simultanously?

Guest

Hi friends,

How to execute a aspx page more than once simultanously without using
threading?

regards,
Sivaraman.S

Patrice

The goal is ?

If you have some task to perform multiple times you could likely use an
asynchornous call to a web service or similar. Knowing the "why" may help to
raise better suggestions (likely this is not the exact same job with same
data ???)

Patrice

Guest

hi Patrice,

Thanks for ur suggestion. The actual scenario is this: I have 9 queries
to be executed. I want divide the 9 queries into 3 parts. Each part will now
have 3 quries. I want to execute the 3 parts simultaniously. I dont want to
use threading. If i use asynchronous call, If any error come in one part, the
other parts gets stopped. My scenario is, If error comes in first part, the
other two parts should get executed Successfully.

Regards,
Sivaraman.S

Guest

Performing multiple actions simultaneously implies threading. If this is what
you want to do, I don't see how you're going to avoid using threads.

Patrice

Basically it could be something like :
- begin call 1
- begin call 2
- begin call 3
- wait for all calls to be completed (or timeout ?)
- return final results to the user

You should wait for the longest of those 3 calls rather than waiting for the
cumulated times of those 3 calls.

With proper exception catching it shouldn't be a problem to have a problem
with call 1 but still using the results of call2 and call3. Make sure also
to test how it performs under load especially if this frequently used as the
load will be put on the server that processes these requests (and ultimately
you'll be sequential again or worse if you send too much requests).

You best best is likely to roughly test this model first before delving into
details...

Good luck.

Patrice

John Saunders

Sivaraman.S said:
Hi friends,

How to execute a aspx page more than once simultanously without using
threading?

My answer would be, "don't do that!".

This isn't the sort of thing that should be on an aspx page. Put this code
in a service of some kind, and use threading properly. Refer to the service
via .NET remoting from the aspx page.

John Saunders