How to execute a bat file using VB.NET

wschrap

Please, can anyone tell me how to execute a bat file from VB.Net in a web
page using a button.

We have a policy now that are users must change their Domain passwords every
30 days so I have created a web page that will provide this, however I cant
seem to find a solution.

I have tried Process.Start method but for some reason my bat file will not
execute.

Thank you for your help,
Wayne

S. Justin Gengo

Wayne,

Code behind that you run "in" a web page is running on the server, not the
user's machine. You would need an active x control that installs on the
user's computer in order to exectue a bat file.

Most networks that require users to change their network passwords do so via
group policy. I would look into that instead.

Regards,

--
S. Justin Gengo
Web Developer / Programmer