How to expire session on window close

Varun Goel

Hi all,
I created one login page using LDAP server authentication now when
i have logged into the system and without logout i just closed the
window and when i again come and open the window it's come as log in.
But it should not show as already login.
Please tell me that how can i expire session on window close.
Thanks & regards
Varun Goel

John Wilger

Hi all,
      I created one login page using LDAP server authentication now when
i have logged into the system and without logout i just closed the
window and when i again come and open the window it's come as log in.
But it should not show as already login.
Please tell me that how can i expire session on window close.

This is more of a general web app development question, so you might
get better answers in another group. That said, the short answer is
that the session is expired when the session cookie is removed form
the browser. Most browsers delete session cookies when the browser
closes (not just a single window of that browser). It /may/ be
possible to use some javascript to hook into a window close event and
expire a specific cookie; but I wouldn't know how off the top of my
head, and it's possible that it might not work across all browsers.