How to export the excel values to crystal reports

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by srinivas, Dec 8, 2005.

  1. srinivas

    srinivas Guest

    Hi ,

    I am a dotnet developer.I am working on crystal reports.My requirement
    is like this

    I have an excel sheet with some values.I need to read the excel values
    from excel sheet and need to show the values in crystal reports using
    c#.what i can do for populating the excel values into crystal reports.

    for getting the values from excel i worked following steps.

    1.Go to solution explorer

    2.add new item

    3.select crystal report

    4.I selected the option using the report export(standard from the
    choose an expert)

    5.I choosed "datbasefiles" folder in available data sources

    6.i browse my xml sheet path and i assigned the field names

    7.i created a windows form

    8.i wrote following code in form load event

    crystalReportsPractice.test t = new test();
    crystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = t;
    t.Close();

    here test is my crystal report name

    if i run the form now it is asking for username and password what i
    need to give here.

    otherwise is there any way to get the excel values and show it into
    crystal reports using c#.

    Thanks in advance

    srinivas, Dec 8, 2005

  2. srinivas

    RobG Guest

    srinivas wrote:
    > Hi ,
    >

    > I am a dotnet developer.I am working on crystal reports.My requirement
    > is like this
    >

    > I have an excel sheet with some values.I need to read the excel values
    > from excel sheet and need to show the values in crystal reports using
    > c#.what i can do for populating the excel values into crystal reports.

    [...]

    > otherwise is there any way to get the excel values and show it into
    > crystal reports using c#.

    This is a JavaScript group, you might look for a Microsoft C# group.

    microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp
    <URL:http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp?lnk=lr>

    microsoft.public.dotnet.csharp.general
    http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.csharp.general?hl=en

    --