    Hi, everybody!
    I need every 20 min extent my Session timeout.
    Any suggetions appreciated! Thanks

    Yuriy, Oct 16, 2003

  2. You can change this value in web.config.

    --
    Chris Jackson
    Software Engineer

    Chris Jackson, Oct 16, 2003

  3. Yuriy

    Guest Guest

    Hello ! Thank you for response.
    But I ask every 20 min i need extend(continue) the same
    session.

    Guest, Oct 16, 2003
  4. I don't understand you are asking. The session timeout is the number of
    minutes since the last request from the client before that session should be
    cleared. If you have a 20 minute timeout, all you need to do is post to the
    server again to renew for another 20 minutes. If you want your web page to
    ensure that it gets renewed, just write some JavaScript that refreshes every
    so often, and you will renew that session.

    Chris Jackson, Oct 17, 2003
  5. hi,

    in web.config file find <sessionState> node:

    <sessionState

    mode="InProc"

    stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424"

    sqlConnectionString="data source=127.0.0.1;user id=sa;password="

    cookieless="false"

    timeout="20"

    />

    default is 20 - change it and that's it