How to Extend Session time

Yuriy

Hi, everybody!
I need every 20 min extent my Session timeout.
Any suggetions appreciated! Thanks

Guest

Hello ! Thank you for response.
But I ask every 20 min i need extend(continue) the same
session.

Chris Jackson

I don't understand you are asking. The session timeout is the number of
minutes since the last request from the client before that session should be
cleared. If you have a 20 minute timeout, all you need to do is post to the
server again to renew for another 20 minutes. If you want your web page to
ensure that it gets renewed, just write some JavaScript that refreshes every
so often, and you will renew that session.

Bratislav Jevtic

hi,

in web.config file find <sessionState> node:

<sessionState

mode="InProc"

stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424"

sqlConnectionString="data source=127.0.0.1;user id=sa;password="

cookieless="false"

timeout="20"

/>

default is 20 - change it and that's it