how to fabricate a good computer

lasaihome

my teacher gave us a homework that to ask a problem on Google. my
question is ''how to fabricate a good computer?''

Richard Heathfield

(e-mail address removed) said:
my teacher gave us a homework that to ask a problem on Google. my
question is ''how to fabricate a good computer?''

This is not Google. This is a Usenet newsgroup called comp.lang.c, which is
a forum for discussing the C programming language. I suggest you ask your
question on Google, as specified by your teacher. The URL for Google is:

http://www.google.com

jmcgill

my teacher gave us a homework that to ask a problem on Google. my
question is ''how to fabricate a good computer?''

Ask on an architecture-related forum; this newsgroup is strictly about
the C programming language, not about "fabricating computers", good or
otherwise.

Also, is your homework part of Ph.D. research in electronics
engineering, or are you in fourth grade looking for the most basic
explanation of computer organization?

What's a "good" computer? Consider a finite state machine which is a
subset of the following, complete machine:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turing_machine

But what would be "really good" would be one of these:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_computer

In this universe, one way to fabricate a "great computer" (but still
finite!) is to be IBM and have a budget in the hundreds of millions
dollars, (with clients who have budgets in the tens of billions!) and
build this:
http://domino.research.ibm.com/comm/research_projects.nsf/pages/bluegene.index.html

CBFalconer

my teacher gave us a homework that to ask a problem on Google. my
question is ''how to fabricate a good computer?''

This has nothing to do with this newsgroup (which is not Google,
and Google only provides a very sick implementation of an interface
to Usenet newsgroups). Here we deal with the portable C language.

I suggest you start with good data books and specification sheets
for chips, and a soldering iron. It would help to have some
knowledge of computer architecture and the problems various
architectures attempt to solve.

Rod Pemberton

Also, is your homework part of Ph.D. research in electronics
engineering, or are you in fourth grade looking for the most basic
explanation of computer organization?
But what would be "really good" would be one of these:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_computer

I think "really good" is an understatement. One example of a Quantum IC,
"Worlds fastest digital IC - operates upto 750 Ghz.":
http://insti.physics.sunysb.edu/physics/news_fast_ic.htm

Rod Pemberton

Richard Bos

my teacher gave us a homework that to ask a problem on Google. my
question is ''how to fabricate a good computer?''

Do us a favour: slap your teacher. He gives rotten homework questions,
and does a disservice both to his pupils and to the rest of the 'net.

Richard

Rod Pemberton

my teacher gave us a homework that to ask a problem on Google. my
question is ''how to fabricate a good computer?''

You guys must be humored out. Isn't this a third grade riddle?

How to fabricate a good computer:
1) buy a good computer
2) buy some fabric
2) buy some glue
3) cover good computer with glue
4) apply fabric to glue covered computer

Get it: "fabric-ate"!

Rod Pemberton

Clever Monkey

Rod said:
You guys must be humored out. Isn't this a third grade riddle?

How to fabricate a good computer:
1) buy a good computer
2) buy some fabric
2) buy some glue
3) cover good computer with glue
4) apply fabric to glue covered computer

Get it: "fabric-ate"!

That's not a properly cromulent use of the word fabricate.