    my teacher gave us a homework that to ask a problem on Google. my
    question is ''how to fabricate a good computer?''

    , Oct 25, 2006

  2. said:

    > my teacher gave us a homework that to ask a problem on Google. my
    > question is ''how to fabricate a good computer?''

    This is not Google. This is a Usenet newsgroup called comp.lang.c, which is
    a forum for discussing the C programming language. I suggest you ask your
    question on Google, as specified by your teacher. The URL for Google is:

    http://www.google.com

    --
    Richard Heathfield
    "Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999

    Richard Heathfield, Oct 25, 2006

  3. jmcgill Guest

    wrote:
    > my teacher gave us a homework that to ask a problem on Google. my
    > question is ''how to fabricate a good computer?''

    Ask on an architecture-related forum; this newsgroup is strictly about
    the C programming language, not about "fabricating computers", good or
    otherwise.

    Also, is your homework part of Ph.D. research in electronics
    engineering, or are you in fourth grade looking for the most basic
    explanation of computer organization?

    What's a "good" computer? Consider a finite state machine which is a
    subset of the following, complete machine:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turing_machine

    But what would be "really good" would be one of these:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_computer

    In this universe, one way to fabricate a "great computer" (but still
    finite!) is to be IBM and have a budget in the hundreds of millions
    dollars, (with clients who have budgets in the tens of billions!) and
    build this:
    http://domino.research.ibm.com/comm/research_projects.nsf/pages/bluegene.index.html

    jmcgill, Oct 25, 2006
  4. CBFalconer Guest

    wrote:

    > my teacher gave us a homework that to ask a problem on Google. my
    > question is ''how to fabricate a good computer?''

    This has nothing to do with this newsgroup (which is not Google,
    and Google only provides a very sick implementation of an interface
    to Usenet newsgroups). Here we deal with the portable C language.

    I suggest you start with good data books and specification sheets
    for chips, and a soldering iron. It would help to have some
    knowledge of computer architecture and the problems various
    architectures attempt to solve.

    <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net>

    CBFalconer, Oct 25, 2006
  5. "jmcgill" <> wrote in message
    > wrote:
    > > my teacher gave us a homework that to ask a problem on Google. my
    > > question is ''how to fabricate a good computer?''

    <snip>
    > Also, is your homework part of Ph.D. research in electronics
    > engineering, or are you in fourth grade looking for the most basic
    > explanation of computer organization?

    <snip>
    > But what would be "really good" would be one of these:
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_computer

    I think "really good" is an understatement. One example of a Quantum IC,
    "Worlds fastest digital IC - operates upto 750 Ghz.":
    http://insti.physics.sunysb.edu/physics/news_fast_ic.htm

    Rod Pemberton

    Rod Pemberton, Oct 25, 2006
  6. Richard Bos Guest

    wrote:

    > my teacher gave us a homework that to ask a problem on Google. my
    > question is ''how to fabricate a good computer?''

    Do us a favour: slap your teacher. He gives rotten homework questions,
    and does a disservice both to his pupils and to the rest of the 'net.

    Richard

    Richard Bos, Oct 26, 2006
  7. <> wrote in message
    > my teacher gave us a homework that to ask a problem on Google. my
    > question is ''how to fabricate a good computer?''

    You guys must be humored out. Isn't this a third grade riddle?

    How to fabricate a good computer:
    1) buy a good computer
    2) buy some fabric
    2) buy some glue
    3) cover good computer with glue
    4) apply fabric to glue covered computer

    Get it: "fabric-ate"!

    Rod Pemberton

    Rod Pemberton, Oct 26, 2006
  8. Rod Pemberton wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    >> my teacher gave us a homework that to ask a problem on Google. my
    >> question is ''how to fabricate a good computer?''
    >>

    > You guys must be humored out. Isn't this a third grade riddle?
    >
    > How to fabricate a good computer:
    > 1) buy a good computer
    > 2) buy some fabric
    > 2) buy some glue
    > 3) cover good computer with glue
    > 4) apply fabric to glue covered computer
    >
    > Get it: "fabric-ate"!

    That's not a properly cromulent use of the word fabricate.

    Clever Monkey, Oct 26, 2006