    thanx

    jeff

    , Jan 20, 2006

  2. Paul Lalli Guest

    wrote:

    > I want to fetch automaticaly every x hours a file from the web,
    > via a proxy server (authentification needed).
    > How can i simply do this ? (I'm a newbie in Perl...)

    man cron
    perldoc LWP::Simple

    Once you've made an attempt at solving your problem, post your attempt
    here if it doesn't work.

    ..... after you've read the Posting Guidelines for this newsgroup.

    Paul Lalli

    Paul Lalli, Jan 20, 2006

    wrote:
    > I want to fetch automaticaly every x hours a file from the web,
    > via a proxy server (authentification needed).

    Authenticating proxy servers can be a hassle; I've never gotten any of
    the "usual" Perl solutions to work, through my proxy, despite
    considerable effort. I have been successful using cURL with Perl,
    though; see this recent thread:

    http://tinyurl.com/ckvsg

    , Jan 20, 2006
  4. <> wrote:

    > I want to fetch

    perldoc -q fetch

    How do I fetch an HTML file?

    > automaticaly every x hours a file from the web,
    > via a proxy server (authentification needed).
    > How can i simply do this ?

    perldoc -q automat
    or
    perldoc -q html

    How do I automate an HTML form submission?

    > (I'm a newbie in Perl...)

    Being a newbie does not exempt you from the expectation that
    will check the Perl FAQ before posting to the Perl newsgroup.

    --
    Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    Perl programming

    Tad McClellan, Jan 20, 2006