How to fetch a file from web ?

jfoto2001

Hi

I want to fetch automaticaly every x hours a file from the web,
via a proxy server (authentification needed).
How can i simply do this ? (I'm a newbie in Perl...)

thanx

jeff

Paul Lalli

I want to fetch automaticaly every x hours a file from the web,
via a proxy server (authentification needed).
How can i simply do this ? (I'm a newbie in Perl...)

man cron
perldoc LWP::Simple

Once you've made an attempt at solving your problem, post your attempt
here if it doesn't work.

..... after you've read the Posting Guidelines for this newsgroup.

Paul Lalli

usenet

I want to fetch automaticaly every x hours a file from the web,
via a proxy server (authentification needed).

Authenticating proxy servers can be a hassle; I've never gotten any of
the "usual" Perl solutions to work, through my proxy, despite
considerable effort. I have been successful using cURL with Perl,
though; see this recent thread:

http://tinyurl.com/ckvsg

Tad McClellan

I want to fetch

perldoc -q fetch

How do I fetch an HTML file?

automaticaly every x hours a file from the web,
via a proxy server (authentification needed).
How can i simply do this ?

perldoc -q automat
or
perldoc -q html

How do I automate an HTML form submission?

(I'm a newbie in Perl...)

Being a newbie does not exempt you from the expectation that
will check the Perl FAQ before posting to the Perl newsgroup.