How to fill available screen size then scroll

Discussion in 'Python' started by Mudcat, Jan 18, 2005.

  1. Mudcat

    Mudcat Guest

    Hi all,

    I am writing a gui that expands depending on the number of interefaces
    a user decides to use with Win 2k, Tkinter, and Pmw.

    So with normal use the gui window will expand to the screen size and
    then clip without scrolling. If I use Pmw.ScrolledFrame, the clipping
    frame is set based on the size of the first child frame and never
    expands to fill the screen. It just expands the size of the inside
    frame inside the clipping frame.

    I need a tweener solution. I need the gui to expand until it reaches
    the width of the available viewing screen. THEN the scroll bar kicks in
    with a clipping frame the width of the screen to allow the user to see
    as many interfaces as possible.
    Does anyone know how to do this?

    Thanks ahead of time,
    Marc