How to find a jar in dir tree which contains a special class/package aaa.bbb.ccc

Discussion in 'Java' started by Jason Stacy, May 12, 2007.

  1. Jason Stacy

    Jason Stacy Guest

    Assume I have a class

    aaa.bbb.ccc.SomeClass

    or whole import package

    aaa.bbb.ccc

    The compiler shows a "NoClassFound" error.
    So I have to add another jar to my CLASSPATH.

    However I don't know the exact jar which must be added.

    How can I search a whole directory (which contains approx 30-40 jars) for the appropriate
    jar which contains the class resp. package ?

    Of cause I don't want to open every single jar and to step down inside the archive manually.

    I want a one-line command line command which does the job for me.

    J.

    Jason Stacy, May 12, 2007